Saturday, February 24, 2007

Marks and Spencer fudge brownies

Yup, this really is as small as it looks (the plate is a toast/tea plate). It's a brownie from Marks and Spencers' bakery area, bought in their Oxford Street branch. You do get 6 or 8 in a packet (I can't remember as they've all gone), and two feels about the same as a whole, normally sized brownie. As shop-bought brownies go, this was excellent. It had a good flavour of chocolate fudge and a satisfyingly muddy texture. No nuts, which I'm gradually realising I prefer and a good, rich flavour. I think it might even beat the honeyrose brownie for pre-packaged. I think I'll give it the same mark - a 4/5.

2 comments:

hattyintheuk said...

love your blog and understand your passion/quest. I have given up on the retail outlets and am now searching for a recipe. This one so far is the best

http://questforthebestbrownie.blogspot.com/index.html

hattyintheuk said...

OK let me try that again leaving the correct link

http://www.waitrose.com/food_drink/recipes/recipesearch/recipe/0609r01.asp